APC yet to zone N’Assembly positions, says Izunaso

Forum 10 months ago

APC yet to zone N’Assembly positions, says Izunaso

The Senator-elect for Imo West and a contender for the Senate Presidency, Osita Izunaso has said that the All Progressives Congress has not released a formula for the zoning of the National Assembly leadership, particularly the Senate Presidency.

The National Working Committee of the APC had in its zoning arrangement for the leadership of the 10th National Assembly, picked Senator Godswill Akpabio from South-South, as the preferred candidate for the President of the Senate and Senator Jibrin Barau from North-West for Deputy President of the Senate.

However, senators Izunaso, Orji Kalu (Abia North), and Abdulaziz Yari ( Zamfara West) objected to the formula and have continued to insist that they would contest against Akpabio/Jibrin ticket on inauguration day.

Isunazo, at a media briefing on Saturday in Abuja, posited that he was the next Senate president and unaware of any zoning arrangement by the party. “I am the next Senate President,” he stated.

That does not mean we are not talking to Senator-elect Yari, we are consulting as much as he is. We are also talking to other people who are contesting for the Senate presidency.

“I can assure you that at the end of the day, I, Osita Izunaso, will be the next Senate President.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Again, Amaewhule-led Assembly Overrides Fubara, Passes LG Bill Into Law
Forum | 1 day ago

Again, Amaewhule-led Assembly Overrides Fubara, Passes LG Bill Into Law

Court Reverses Order Suspending Ganduje As APC National Chairman
Forum | 1 day ago

Court Reverses Order Suspending Ganduje As APC National Chairman

Another APC Ward Faction Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 2 days ago

Another APC Ward Faction Suspends Ganduje