I Know What Pained The People - Jonathan

Forum 8 years ago

I Know What Pained The People - Jonathan

Commercial and governmental activities were Tuesday brought to a stand still as Bayelsans besieged the Samson Siasia Stadium to witness the formal declaration of Governor Seriake d!ckson to run for second term in the forthcoming governorship election under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party PDP.

The occasion attracted prominent Bayelsa elders and top shot PDP members led by chairman of the PDP Governors Forum, Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State, Nyesom Wike of Rivers State, Deputy Governor of Delta State Kingsley Otuaro; Abia, Chris Akomas; Ebonyi, Kelechi Igwe and Kogi, Yomi Awoniyi among others.

The former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, was accompanied by his wife Dame Patience Jonathan, who received a thunderous applause when her name was mentioned.

Dr. Jonathan, said though his decision to endorse the second bid of Governor Seriake d!ckson has attracted some reactions through bulk SMS in circulation, is action was based on the four points conviction that the incumbent has performed in the areas of prompt workers’ salary payment, proper management of state resources without recourse to borrowing, improved infrastructural development and road constructions.

He said, “I have stayed in government for 16years. I stayed with Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha for six years and stayed in the Presidency for another six years. And in all those years, I think I know much about what some state governors have done.

“I may not know all the state governors do. And I also may not known all they don’t do. And I know what pained the people too. When he told me that he wants to declare for second term, I said he should do it. As I said, he should do it, some people were asking me questions through bulk SMS.

“But I want to tell him that I would also be here when he is presented with the flag of the party.
One of the things worrying the Federal Government is the issues of workers money by states. d!ckson has done well in that aspect. Also another issue is that of the borrowing. d!ckson has done well. On infrastructures and development, d!ckson has tried.”
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie

People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair
Forum | 1 day ago

Forum | 1 day ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 3 days ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu