Treasury Single Account Freezes Interbank Market, Bank Transactions Frozen

Forum 8 years ago

Treasury Single Account Freezes Interbank Market, Bank Transactions Frozen

Nigerian banks made no bids on the interbank money market on Tuesday as they awaited instructions on how to comply with a directive to transfer government revenues into a single account with the central bank, dealers said.

President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered that all revenues be paid into the “Treasury Single Account” from Tuesday, part of a drive to fight graft.

“No trading is currently going on because no bank was willing to put out quotes until there is a clearer direction with the implementation of the Treasury Single Account (TSA),” one dealer said.

“The market is right now frozen, as no trading going on,” another trader said.

The post above and its ensuing comments, if any, is purely the opinion of the writer(s). It therefore should never be considered as an investment advise of any sort. If required, readers should please consult a competent professional financial adviser for any investment decision.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan
Forum | 15 hours ago

How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan

Shock As Woman Wheels Her Dead Uncle
Forum | 22 hours ago

Shock As Woman Wheels Her Dead Uncle's Corpse Into Bank And Tries To Get Him To "Sign Off" Loan In Her Name

Simi And Adekunle Gold Make Me Regret Being Single – Tiwa Savage
Forum | 2 days ago

Simi And Adekunle Gold Make Me Regret Being Single – Tiwa Savage

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 4 days ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher