EPL: ‘Horrible’ – McCoist exempts only two Man Utd players from criticism after defeat to Newcastle

Forum 4 months ago

EPL: ‘Horrible’ – McCoist exempts only two Man Utd players from criticism after defeat to Newcastle

Former Rangers and Scotland striker, Ally McCoist has exempted only two Manchester United players – Luke Shaw and Harry Maguire – from criticism following the Red Devils’ Premier League 1-0 defeat to Newcastle United on Saturday.

McCoist insisted that it was only Maguire and Shaw that deserved a pass mark for their display against Newcastle.

Man United were defeated against Newcastle at St James’ Park as Anthony Gordon scored the only goal of the game.

“For United, that was miles off it,” said McCoist said on TNT Sports.

“Newcastle were excellent and deserved to win by a lot more. Apart from the two centre-backs [Shaw and Maguire], I don’t think you could give pass marks to anybody.

“It is a horrible thing to level at a professional footballer when you question commitment and a desire to run about, but that is the questions you’ve got to ask of some of the Manchester United players this evening, I’m afraid.

“It’s got nothing to do with the manager. The players are letting themselves down.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 7 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 7 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race