“My Wife Attends Widows’ Forum When I’M Still Alive” – Man Tells Family Members

Forum 6 years ago

“My Wife Attends Widows’ Forum When I’M Still Alive” – Man Tells Family Members

One Adeetan Adeoye, Tuesday sought for the dissolution of his marriage to his wife, Sekinatu, on the grounds that she partakes in widow’s benefits when he (the husband) is still alive.

Adeoye urged a Grade C Customary Court, Agodi, Ibadan, Oyo State to dissolve his 47-year-old marriage to avoid further embarrassment, molestation and provocation from the respondent.

Speaking before the President of the court, Chief Mukaila Balogun, the grandfather said his wife used to partake in widows’ benefits and abused him whenever he raised eyebrows on her actions.

He said, “She collected widows money and food, she replied me that I am a dead man when I asked her reason for doing that.

“She is a disobedient woman; I am tired of her victimisation and can no longer cope with her bad attitude since our togetherness is no more peaceful.”a

But Sekinatu pleaded with the court not to dissolve the marriage that was already blessed with four grown up children.

She said she married him as a virgin 47 years ago.

Sekinatu said: “Though he did not pay my dowry nor know my parents since we married but I do not want to leave him.

“My husband had not been living up to his responsibilities. I was solely responsible for the maintenance of the four children till they were grown up,” she added.

But in his judgment, the court president said the evidence of both parties had shown that there was no love between the couple.

Balogun granted the dissolution request of the petitioner.

He ruled that they both remain unmarried since the petitioner did not pay any dowry, ordering the couple to go their separate ways.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party
Forum | 2 days ago

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party

Family Kicks, Accuses Lagos Hospital Of Negligence, Incompetence As Mother, Son Die During Childbirth
Forum | 2 days ago

Family Kicks, Accuses Lagos Hospital Of Negligence, Incompetence As Mother, Son Die During Childbirth

How Akwa Ibom Man Abandoned His Wife And 2-Year-Old Daughter In The Village To Live With His Side Chick In The Town
Forum | 2 days ago

How Akwa Ibom Man Abandoned His Wife And 2-Year-Old Daughter In The Village To Live With His Side Chick In The Town