[A MUST READ] 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster

Forum 6 years ago

[A MUST READ] 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster

You know why the employer didn’t choose you? That’s because you are not up to his standard. You don’t have the skills he wanted in your CV.

I know you will like to get jobs constantly especially if you are a freelancer or if you are looking for employment.

Let me tell you the fact. If you like, put on the best dressing you have to attend an Interview, it doesn’t matter to the employer. Even if you are the most educated, have you first class degree and masters degree, employers don’t care about that.

Even in Nigeria, I have heard of people who committed suicide, just because they couldn’t get a job from a particular company. However, that’s why I came up with this article to tell you the skill you need to learn to boost your CV and also increase your chance of getting a job.

1. Computer Operation

This skill is important if you really want to boost your CV. If you want to be civilized, learning how to use a computer is very crucial. We are living in a world where almost everything is done with the computer. You need the knowledge of computer to browse the internet, send, receive and also process information.

The most surprising part of it is that JAMB has adopted the “Computer Based Test” and WAEC is still considering it. Many people failed JAMB exam as a result of little or no knowledge about computer operation.

2. Graphics Design

Employers won’t think twice if you have designing skills. A design is a sign of creativity. Learn it and boost your CV.

With the number of functions increasing, there is a high demand for graphic designers. Learning graphic designing is not just a skill; it’s also a way of making money. Most graphic designers charge more than 50k for a work they can just do within 3 days.

3. Catering

If you don’t know, catering is one of the most wanted services in the society. Have you ever gone for a wedding program or graduation and other functions and there was no food served? That’s impossible.

Food is one of the most important needs of man. Everybody eats every day. So learning this skill can open great opportunities for you. Even if you are a boy, you can still learn catering. Let’s stop living in the illusion that “only ladies belong to the kitchen”.

4. Tailoring

If you come to my neighbourhood, this is one of the most wanted skills. Every street you enter is filled with tailoring shops that deal on boxers, singlet, and other clothes.

5. Driving

This is one of the skills you can learn to boost your CV. I know one day you may have your own car and this is where this skill will be beneficial to you.

Driving is not hard to learn as people think. Most people have this fear of accident or death or any other thing. But let me advise you. If you still have that fear, then don’t think about driving.

6. Mechanic Skill

I know you’ll probably laugh. But if you have this skill in your CV, you will open more opportunities for yourself.

If there are no mechanics, then who will be servicing our vehicles or repairing generators. You can learn this even without studying mechanical or automobile engineering.

7. Photography

Many people think that as far as you have a phone that can take photos, then you are already a photographer. That’s a fatal lie. If that’s through, why won’t couples call you to be their wedding photographer?

In other words, there is still more you need to know about photography that just snapping with your phone.

8. How to sell a product

Can you convince someone to buy a product or service? Then add it to your CV. Employers look out for people who have selling skills to be in their marketing department.

9. How to communicate

Being able to communicate well is a skill you should never joke with. Communication is the key to convince potential customers to buy your products.

If you can communicate well, then you can sell any product at any time comfortably. But if you can’t communicate, you will find it difficult to get sales.

[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence
Forum | 1 day ago

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal

Simi And Adekunle Gold Make Me Regret Being Single – Tiwa Savage
Forum | 1 day ago

Simi And Adekunle Gold Make Me Regret Being Single – Tiwa Savage

Ready or Not 2 Script Update Given by Director
Forum | 2 days ago

Ready or Not 2 Script Update Given by Director