Afrobeats, Amapiano Better Than Hip-Hop – Rapper Nasty C

Forum 4 months ago

Afrobeats, Amapiano Better Than Hip-Hop – Rapper Nasty C

South African hip-hop artist, Nasty C has made a claim.

According to him, Afrobeats and Amapiano are better music genres than hip-hop.

He said Afrobeats and Amapiano are more “original” in terms of live instruments and melody, stressing that rappers sample a lot.

The ‘Coolest Kid In Africa’ crooner said most rappers fake being rich.

He, however, clarified that he is not considering switching genres.

Speaking in a video making the rounds on X, Nasty C said: “Afrobeats and Amapiano are better than Hip-hop. Like music-wise. Let’s call a spade a spade, man.

“I mean, of course, there are some [Afrobeats and Amapiano] songs where it is like autotune heavy, this ngga not saying sht. He is just saying nysh a bunch of time. But live instrument rolls, original melodies, nggas who can actually sing, that is music, bro. Their music lasts forever.

“Hip-hop, we sample a lot. I’m not being ungrateful to hip-hop. I love hip-hop. I am hip-hop to the core. I am hip-hop till I die. But hip-hop, we out here playing this weird game where it is like everyone is fake rich, fake balling, fake gangster. I’m sick and tired of hearing nggas speaking about spending in songs. I’m like, ‘Ngga, you spending nothing. Shut the f*ck up.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest
Forum | 1 day ago

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest

Burna Boy Introduced Live Band Into Afrobeats – Ruger Claims
Forum | 6 days ago

Burna Boy Introduced Live Band Into Afrobeats – Ruger Claims

Chris Brown Admits Quavo’s Ex, Saweetie Cheated On Rapper With Him
Forum | 6 days ago

Chris Brown Admits Quavo’s Ex, Saweetie Cheated On Rapper With Him

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa
Forum | 1 week ago

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa