Checkout The 4 Extra Things Most Banks Charge Customers For (No. 3 Is Quite Annoying)

Forum 6 years ago

Checkout The 4 Extra Things Most Banks Charge Customers For (No. 3 Is Quite Annoying)

NOIPolls recently conducted a public poll and it revealed that about 80% of Nigerians are worried about the incessant and indiscriminate bank charges levied on their accounts by commercial banks.

The poll shows that about 71% of Nigerians consider the charges unfair in relation to the services rendered by the banks.

According to the poll, 72 percent of respondents say they have been noticing various deductions from their bank accounts; such as SMS charges (49 percent), ATM / Debit Card maintenance (46 percent) and 65 Naira charge after 3 withdrawals per month (38 percent) amongst other charges.

The above chart shows a list of some of the charges, commercial bank customers find the most frustrating. Below is a list:

1. SMS charges

When you receive SMS alerts for debit and credit transactions, you do not think of it really, until the bill for it comes at the end of the month.

2. ATM maintenance charges

Some people ask the banks, why it charges them for ATM card maintenance, when they are the ones who take care of the cards. The charges are quite noticeable at the end of the year.

3. Withdrawal charges

The withdrawal charges were previously at N100 per withdrawal, now they have been reduced to N65 when you use an ATM that does not belong to your bank. Still, the charges add up and Nigerians find it annoying.

4. Interbank transaction charges

When the bank charges for interbank transactions, it can also be quite frustrating to customers, although, there has been a significant reduction in such charges.

Meanwhile, Daniel Joshua, the Taraba state-born 31-year old, former N-Power graduate employee says his sound Christian moral upbringing compelled him to refund the N60,000 paid into his account, after he quit the scheme in April.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Saturday July 1, tweeted and praised Joshua’s rare display of integrity, which he said was worthy of emulation by Nigerian youths. Joshua now works for the Central Bank of Nigeria in Benin.

He is from Lissem in Ussa local government area of Taraba state.

[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension
Forum | 6 days ago

Forum | 1 week ago

Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola
Forum | 1 week ago

Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola

Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate - Umahi
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate - Umahi