Vector Makes Shocking Revelation, Set To Do ‘Free Show’

Forum 5 years ago

Vector Makes Shocking Revelation, Set To Do ‘Free Show’

Rapper, Vector has made a shocking decision to perform for free at a scheduled event in Lagos, this year. His decision is a rare gesture for an artiste of his stature.

During an interview with Punch NG, Vector revealed that he initially thought the event was a7nother case of fraud when the organizers reached out to him.

He stated, “Do you know how many people who claimed to do free projects and you would discover later that they made money? When I was contacted, I didn’t understand why I should do a free show. After I read through their emails and we started a conversation, they won my trust. Though I will not be paid as an artiste, I was told they would cater for logistics. But the fact that I am ready to do a free show does not mean other top artistes will do the same.”

He also added that he welcomed the idea of being part of the project because of its global appeal. The objective is to commemorate World Music Day in over 120 countries all over the world.

“The event will be part of history a few years later. It feels awesome being part of the project because I have always advocated for musicians operating for a global audience. Even if we sing in Yoruba language, I believe you should make music for everyone. In the barracks where I grew up, my mother’s best friend, a northerner, loved listening to Sir Shina Peters, who is a Yoruba man,” he added.

Mavin Records singer, Johnny Drille, is also billed to be performing at this event. The singer said since this year’s venue had been moved to Muri Okunola Park in Victoria Island, Lagos, there would be more freedom of expression.

“The organisers must have learnt from the previous editions too; so, it makes them better. More artistes are expected to perform this year also.”

“For me, however, last year was amazing, it was held at the Balmoral Hall, Federal Palace Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos. I loved the fact that the sound system was better than the first edition in 2016,” the Mavin Records singer added.

The event: Make Music Lagos is scheduled to take place on Sunday, June 24, at Muri Okunola Park.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie
Forum | 14 hours ago

Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie

Lady Heartbroken After Finding Out That Boyfriend of 5 Years is Set to Marry Another Woman
Forum | 23 hours ago

Lady Heartbroken After Finding Out That Boyfriend of 5 Years is Set to Marry Another Woman

Shoresy Season 3 Hulu Release Date Set in First-Look Images
Forum | 1 day ago

Shoresy Season 3 Hulu Release Date Set in First-Look Images

Arthur the King Blu-ray & Digital Release Dates Set for Mark Wahlberg Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Arthur the King Blu-ray & Digital Release Dates Set for Mark Wahlberg Movie