Man Knocked Down While Escaping With Woman’s Foodstuffs In FCT

Forum 2 months ago

Man Knocked Down While Escaping With Woman’s Foodstuffs In FCT

A 36-year-old man, simply identified as Jamilu, was on Tuesday knocked down by a car while attempting to escape with a woman’s foodstuffs at the Kwali market in Kwali Area Council of the FCT.

Witnesses said the incident happened around 11am when the suspect pretended to assist the woman to carry her foodstuffs from the market to board a vehicle by the road side.

They said the woman, Mrs Patience Raphael, finished buying food items which comprised of rice, beans, garri, yam, among others which she packaged in a sack.

A witness, Ibrahim Audu, said the woman was trying to get a truck pusher to carry the sack but that the suspect pretended to help her to the road side.

Audu further said, “In fact, I was even the one that was trying to call a wheel barrow pusher to come and carry the foodstuffs for the woman when the man came to help carry the load. As he was rushing to cross the road in order to escape with the load he was knocked down.”

He added that the suspect who sustained bruises and a fracture was taken to the hospital by vigilantes.

Recall that City & Crime reported that a similar incident happened last week when a truck pusher escaped with a woman’s bag of rice and other food items at the same market.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

Classic Okoli Weeps After Sharing Insensitive Message She Received For Escaping Boat Accident
Forum | 1 day ago

Classic Okoli Weeps After Sharing Insensitive Message She Received For Escaping Boat Accident

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd