Migos Concert: Why South African Fans Were Unimpressed With The Trio

Forum 6 years ago

Migos Concert: Why South African Fans Were Unimpressed With The Trio

Fans were disappointed when the Migos concert in Johannesburg turned out to be a huge mess despite all the hype.

What started off as a crowd of excited fans gathered at the Dome on Saturday quickly turned into a group of angry spectators, when the Johannesburg leg of Migos’ Culture world tour, suffered an almost three-hour delay.

As a matter of fact, fans became anxious, with some even harbouring the idea that Migos concert may end up as a no-show after all. While the hip-hop trio is one of the best rap acts in the world at the moment, the Johannesburg leg of their world tour is nothing to write home about.

For the most part, the show could have been better with more attention on the organisation part of it. Fans who bought golden circle tickets for R790 were denied entry. This happened as a result of failure to print their tags due to poor crowd management and the weather. There was just one Golden Circle entrance and 1000 patrons had to go through several checkpoints to get barcoded tags.

Still haven’t made it into the golden circle. Who do we contact for refunds? #MigoSATour @Mabala_Noise @TicketProSA pic.twitter.com/ZhhwbOi7Ga
— Brandon Mkhwanazi (@TheBrandonLive) October 21, 2017

Sunday is gona be lit- drop the T about the #MigoSATourSo what happened? You Paid what? Then what? Couldn’t get in? Huh @Boitydid what? pic.twitter.com/3CnD2nF7kw
— Tshidi (@TheCuteTshidi) October 21, 2017

At some point, the agitated crowd began pushing to demand entry into the event arena. Thus, local acts performances had to stop and nothing happened for more than two hours as security battled to contain the crowd. Fans in the arena had to sit on the dirty floor as they waited (impatiently) for something to happen.

After nearly three hours with no act to revive the show, the angry crowd resorted to booing and flinging objects onto the stage.

While Mabala Noise promised an opening line-up of over 10 local acts including, Babes Wodumo, Gigi Lamayne and DJ Tira, most of them ended up not performing.

Apparently, the organisers had problems with bringing the artists to come on stage. However, Nasty C, Boity (who turned rapper that night) and Riky Rick were able to keep the crowd going until the Migos eventually showed up. And though there was a delay of almost three hours, when theBad and Boujeehitmakers finally hit the stage, the crowd went wild.

@Nasty_CSAX @Boityour own SA( @maryjblige)
#MigoSATour pic.twitter.com/Cg4YNBrjqg
— C I V I L M A O B A (@CivilMaoba) October 22, 2017

Jobrug went buck for @Migos. #MigoSATour #MigosCultureTourJozi #MigosCultureTour pic.twitter.com/lPx3hjz3op
— Sabelo Mkhabela (@sabzamk) October 22, 2017

Notwithstanding, fans who made it to the Migos concert were upset that Mabala Noise organised a concert that seemed like it was not well put together. They also think the concert was not worth the money and time. Moreover, the DJ didn’t make things any better as the repetition of songs at the event didn’t go unnoticed.

While some fans on social media said the Migos concert was nice, some others say the trio and Mabala Noise could have done better.

Guys how was #MigosCultureTourReply with a meme #MigoSATour pic.twitter.com/zwrK6YJ8lk
— I FOLLOW BACK (@ItsMandla) October 22, 2017

Ay Fusegani! No performances have started and it's 9:49pm #MigoSAtour pic.twitter.com/ggS3p37ARy
— Olwethu (@OlwethumsomiM) October 21, 2017

Seems Migos got the fans feeling Mad and Moody. #MigoSATour #MigosCultureTourSA
— Playshis The Poet (@Playshis) October 21, 2017

#MigosCultureTour #MigoSATourQuavo sipping on some wine at his hotel room because ,who tf is South Africa ? pic.twitter.com/W7OsbLJzgN
— K.waves(@KaraboWaves) October 21, 2017

I feel like Bo #MigosCultureTourare in the parking lot in their quantum with CEO of @Mabala_Noisethreatening to leave if they not paid
— Pitswe (@PitsweZAR) October 21, 2017

I would like to have my money back please @Mabala_Noise. I bought golden circle tickets & didn't get my tags, and was standing extra strong #MigosVrot #MigosCultureTour https://t.co/43jkkxTs93
— NINA HASTIE (@THATninahastie) October 22, 2017

Mabala Noise is owned by The ANC. ANC & service delivery are not in the same WhatsApp Group. #MigosSATour #MigosCultureTour #Migos pic.twitter.com/XgZT3P6N9V
— IG @AdvBarryRoux (@AdvBarryRoux) October 22, 2017

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Fans Overjoyed As Ayra Starr Hints At New Album Release
Forum | 1 day ago

Fans Overjoyed As Ayra Starr Hints At New Album Release

Tems Opened Doors Of Global Recognition For African Female Artists – Tyla
Forum | 2 days ago

Tems Opened Doors Of Global Recognition For African Female Artists – Tyla

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 2 days ago