Black Coffee Reveals More About His Disabled Hand

Forum 6 years ago

Black Coffee Reveals More About His Disabled Hand

In an interview with Bridget Masinga on Kaya FM DJ and Music Producer Black Coffee shared more details about his disable hand which he revealed for the first time few months back. He wrote a caption on his Instagram post when he shared an image which read: “When I was young after the car accident I used to wear one and being a kid it was hard as kids can be mean so I decided to stop wearing it especially in public. It has taken me so much time to appear like this in public because of my own insecurities but I decided to post this picture not just because for years people had their own versions of my story‚ I did this for myself‚” he wrote.

Now he spoke of how after all this period of time he feels free for not wearing a brace.

“It’s been a long journey now on myself to deal with it quietly and finding strength. The people around me know that I wear a brace but it’s never been in public. The more I do it‚ I feel so free. Especially overseas I would‚ because no one knows who Black Coffee is and no one really cares. But locally people start staring and I had to get over that.”

He further explained the importance of showing off his hand and the impact it may have had on his career. “It was a very important moment for me‚ to post that picture. When I started my career‚ I had to sit down and think how do I want to be known…I could have been that new DJ with a disability if I started out with the story…I completely shut that door.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves
Forum | 11 hours ago

Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves

The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel
Forum | 2 days ago

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel

Ex-Reps Member, Nwuke Reveals Why Fubara Is Gaining Support In Rivers
Forum | 2 days ago

Ex-Reps Member, Nwuke Reveals Why Fubara Is Gaining Support In Rivers