Greta Gerwig, Isla Fisher, and More Cast in Noah Baumbach’s New Netflix Movie

Forum 1 month ago

Greta Gerwig, Isla Fisher, and More Cast in Noah Baumbach’s New Netflix Movie

Greta Gerwig, Isla Fisher, Jim Broadbent, and more have been cast in Noah Baumbach’s new Netflix movie.

Per Deadline, Gerwig, Fisher, Broadbent, Jamie Demetriou, Lars Eidinger, Grace Edwards, Patsy Ferran, Thaddea Graham, Josh Hamilton, Eve Hewson, Stacy Keach, Nicôle Lecky, Emily Mortimer, Louis Partridge, Alba Rohrwacher, Charlie Rowe, Parker Sawyers, Alba Rohrwacher, Kyle Soller, and Patrick Wilson have all signed on to star in Baumbach’s new Netflix film.

The ensemble cast will join George Clooney, Adam Sandler, Laura Dern, Billy Crudup, and Riley Keough, all of whom were previously announced to be in the film.

Plot details for the movie remain under wraps at this time; although, Deadline describes it as a “funny and emotional coming-of-age film about adults.”

In addition to directing the film, Baumbach also co-wrote the script with Mortimer and is producing the movie alongside Amy Pascal and David Heyman.

What other Netflix movies has Noah Baumbach made?

In January 2021, Baumbach signed a deal with Netflix to exclusively write and direct films for the streaming platform for several years.

“When I started in the film industry I dreamed of having a home. It took me about 25 years, but it was worth the wait,” Baumbach said at the time. “I couldn’t be more thrilled to be making movies with Ted and Scott and everyone at Netflix, who are wonderful collaborators and friends and family.”

Baumbach’s first Netflix movie was The Meyerowitz Stories, which was released in 2017 and starred Sandler, Ben Stiller, Dustin Hoffman, Elizabeth Marvel, and Emma Thompson.

He then made Marriage Story with Adam Driver and Scarlet Johansson in 2019, which was followed by 2022’s White Noise starring Gerwig, Driver, and Don Cheadle.

Baumbach is also known for making movies such as 2005’s The Squid and the Whale, 2010’s Greenberg, 2012’s Frances Ha, and 2014’s While We’re Young.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 17 hours ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

The Thursday Murder Club: Netflix Acquires Rights to Mystery Movie Adaptation
Forum | 1 day ago

The Thursday Murder Club: Netflix Acquires Rights to Mystery Movie Adaptation

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth