Zach Braff Reveals Why He Returned to Rom-Coms With French Girl

Forum 1 month ago

Zach Braff Reveals Why He Returned to Rom-Coms With French Girl

French Girl star Zach Braff has revealed what it was about the movie that had him interested in returning to the rom-com genre. The film is now playing in theaters and is available digitally.

In an interview with ComingSoon, Braff was asked why French Girl was the movie that made him come back to the romantic comedy genre after having not appeared in a move of that type since 2006. The actor delved into how much he enjoyed the script, to the point where he was surprised that such a good script could get the go-ahead in Hollywood.

“To be honest, it just made me laugh so much. I never would’ve done one of these if I was reading it and going, ‘Eh, I guess if they get the right cast and everyone improvs,’ and I would never … that’s too much of a roll of the dice. It all comes down to a good script. If you have a great script and they cast it well, then you’ve got a really, really good shot at something,” Braff explained.

“And when I read this, I couldn’t believe they were making … Hollywood has gotten to the point where when you read a good script, you’re like, ‘Wait, are they really making this? And if so, can I please be a part of it?’ I mean, that’s how I felt when I read it. I was like, ‘Wait, this is on offer to me and it’s being made? This is great.’ So I was so excited.”

Who directed French Girl?

French Girl was written and directed by James A. Woods and Nicolas Wright. The film stars Zach Braff, Evelyne Brochu, Luc Picard, Antoine Olivier Pilon, Isabelle Vincent, Charlotte Aubin, Muriel Dutil, with William Fichtner, and Vanessa Hudgens.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife
Forum | 1 day ago

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star
Forum | 3 days ago

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star