Steven Moffat Confirms Doctor Who Return

Forum 1 month ago

Steven Moffat Confirms Doctor Who Return

Former Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat has announced his return to the popular franchise, confirming that he is writing an episode in the Ncuti Gatwa-led season.

In a BBC press release, Moffat expressed his excitement about returning to the hit British sci-fi series.

“Yes, okay, fair enough – apologies to everyone I’ve very slightly misled – I am in fact writing an episode of the series of Doctor Who. Exactly like I said I never would. What can I tell you? There was begging, there was pleading but finally Russell [T Davies] agreed to let me have another go – so long as I got out of his garden,” said Moffat.

He added, “Working with old friends and a brand new Doctor I couldn’t be happier. Sorry I was a bit reticent on the subject for so long. It was all part of an elaborate plan that would have delighted millions but at the last minute I forgot what it was.”

Moffat’s name has long been regarded as one of the British sci-fi’s lauded writers. Having started writing on the show in 2005, Moffat has also served as a showrunner during Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi’s stints as their respective doctors.

When is the next Doctor Who coming out?

Doctor Who will return with a simultaneous worldwide premiere. The first two episodes of Season 14 will debut on Friday, May 10, on Disney+ in the U.S. and internationally. It will then air the next day in the U.K. on May 11 on BBC iPlayer and BBC One.

“The next installment follows the Doctor and Ruby Sunday through infinite adventures across time and space in the TARDIS. From the Regency era in England to war-torn futures, the duo champion the forces of good while encountering incredible friends and dangerous foes,” the synopsis reads.

In addition to Gatwa as the Fifteenth Doctor, Season 14 will also feature Millie Gibson, Yasmin Finney, Bonnie Langford, Jonathan Groff, Indira Varma, Aneurin Barnard, Anita Dobson, Michelle Greenidge, Jinkx Monsoon, and Lenny Rush, among others.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved
Forum | 1 day ago

Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home
Forum | 5 days ago

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home

The Bear Season 3 Set Video Confirms Will Poulter’s Return
Forum | 6 days ago

The Bear Season 3 Set Video Confirms Will Poulter’s Return