How a Blog’s Post Damaged My Self-Esteem – Beverly Naya

Forum 1 month ago

How a Blog’s Post Damaged My Self-Esteem – Beverly Naya

Actress Beverly Naya has shared a sad experience she had with a blog.

According to her, her career almost ended after a blog made false accusations against her.

She said the post damaged her self esteem, which led to her contemplating if continuing her career as an actress was worth it.

Speaking in a recent interview with Chude Jideonwo, the actress disclosed how the blog consistently wrote negative stories about her.

The 34 year- old actress stated that it felt like a personal attack as she was once a victim of bullying.

She queried why she was always singled out majorly for criticism on the blog.

In her words: “It really got to me and it damaged my self esteem and it made me doubt myself like I really don’t feel like I want to continue in this industry, I wanted to quit on several occasions”

She noted that it utterly got her depressed, making her doubt her acting ability in the entertainment industry causing her to almost quit her acting career on several occasions.

Recounting the event, Beverly mentioned a particular blog post which stated “Nollywood, Can We Please Stop Making Beverly Naya Happen!” made her emotionally downcast.

The actress added that she felt irrelevant with the idea that her effort in movies seems like a waste.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car
Forum | 1 day ago

Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video
Forum | 1 day ago

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video

Zubby Michael Shares Cryptic Post After Being Dragged by Angela Okorie
Forum | 1 week ago

Zubby Michael Shares Cryptic Post After Being Dragged by Angela Okorie