I salute Vinicius, La Liga need big change – Rio Ferdinand hits out at Tebas

Forum 1 month ago

I salute Vinicius, La Liga need big change – Rio Ferdinand hits out at Tebas

Manchester United legend, Rio Ferdinand took a dig at La Liga president Javier Tebas for his lack of action over racism in the Spanish football league.

Ferdinand also called for change in La Liga in response to Real Madrid winger Vinicius Jr. becoming emotional while speaking about racism this week.

Vinicius broke down in tears during a press conference ahead of Brazil’s friendly 3-3 draw with Spain as he touched on the impact racism has had on him.

He also claimed that he feels less like playing but doesn’t want to leave Madrid to give in to the racists.

Speaking on the development, Ferdinand saluted the Brazilian international.

The former England international wrote on X:

“Is Spain a racist country? I don’t know as I don’t live there to know or see that experience. But I know there is racism in the stadiums there and it seems to be accepted by the authorities for some reason?”

“To see a young man break down in a press conference like (Vinicius) is heartbreaking to see. Hearing Javier Tebas (La Liga president) sh*t last season tells me there needs to be BIG changes at the top/ convictions from the big organizations! I salute you Vinicius.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Big Cigar Trailer: André Holland Leads Apple TV+ Miniseries
Forum | 2 days ago

The Big Cigar Trailer: André Holland Leads Apple TV+ Miniseries

A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie

EPL: Rio Ferdinand lists two matches that will stop Arsenal from winning title
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Rio Ferdinand lists two matches that will stop Arsenal from winning title

EPL: We are in big trouble – Guardiola admits ahead of Man City vs Luton
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: We are in big trouble – Guardiola admits ahead of Man City vs Luton