Scotland: Rangers boss demands more from Dessers despite impressive scoring form

Forum 4 weeks ago

Scotland: Rangers boss demands more from Dessers despite impressive scoring form

Rangers manager Philippe Clement has challenged Cyriel Dessers to add more steel to his game.

Dessers has struggled to win over a large section of Rangers fans following his arrival from Italian club, Cremonese last summer.

Despite criticisms over his performance, the Nigeria international has continued to impress in front of goal.

The 29-year-old scored his 16th goal of the season in the Gers 3-1 win over Hibernian on Saturday.

Clement has however implored Dessers to take his game to another level.

“Impressed is not the right word with Cyriel. It’s normal, what he can do. And I think there’s still quite some margin to make with him,” Clement was quoted by the Rangers Review.

“He’s working hard on that. For me, it’s not just the striker who has to score goals. They need to do other things for the team.

“Then they’ll get situations to score goals. It’s more important to have a team where everyone can score. That’s much more difficult to stop.

“If you have a team where one guy is scoring all the goals, they stop him and the story is finished. We score from everywhere, the strikers, the wingers, the midfielders, the full-backs and centre-backs. Only Jack Butland doesn’t score goals in this team. I want to see football like that because it’s difficult to stop.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
‘He’s becoming more important’ – Rangers boss hails Dessers
Forum | 1 day ago

‘He’s becoming more important’ – Rangers boss hails Dessers

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos
Forum | 5 days ago

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos

FUNAI extends sales of PG form deadline, 2023/2024
Forum | 5 days ago

FUNAI extends sales of PG form deadline, 2023/2024

Former Imo Governor, Ihedioha Resigns From PDP
Forum | 6 days ago

Former Imo Governor, Ihedioha Resigns From PDP