Why I Took Break From Music – Rapper, Illbliss Explains

Forum 3 weeks ago

Why I Took Break From Music – Rapper, Illbliss Explains

Tobechukwu Ejiofor, the popular Nigerian rapper and actor, who is also known as Illbliss, has explained that he took a sabbatical from music to diversify.

The ‘King Of Boys’ actor said he has been trying his hands in movies, documentaries and other forms of creativity.

He added that being a dad was also a major factor for his break from music.

Illbliss featured as a guest in a recent episode of Hip TV programme, Trending, hosted by reality star KimOprah.

He said,
“My two kids came miraculously. My first child was born eight years after I married my wife while my second daughter born during the COVID-19 lockdown. So I took time off to be a dad; to spend time with my family and raise my kids.

“Also, I was trying to find diversification. So I moved into television as well. I had done ‘King Of Boys’ a year before then and I just felt like I needed to produce more; shoot more films, documentaries and get into spaces where I could still express myself artistically without just putting out music.

"So, I took a break from music. All of these is what has been happening in the last four years.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arsenal took advantage – Postecoglou on Tottenham’s 3-2 defeat
Forum | 12 hours ago

EPL: Arsenal took advantage – Postecoglou on Tottenham’s 3-2 defeat

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest
Forum | 3 days ago

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest

Illbliss Remembers Late Indigenous Rapper, Dagrin
Forum | 3 days ago

Illbliss Remembers Late Indigenous Rapper, Dagrin