EPL: Klopp singles out four Liverpool players after 3-1 win over Sheffield Utd

Forum 3 weeks ago

EPL: Klopp singles out four Liverpool players after 3-1 win over Sheffield Utd

Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, has pointed out the impact of his substitutes following their 3-1 win over Sheffield United on Thursday night.

Klopp took off star man, Mohamed Salah early in the second half as Klopp made two more alterations.

Dominik Szoboszlai and Joe Gomez were also replaced by Curtis Jones and Cody Gakpo.

At that point, Conor Bradley’s own goal had cancelled out Darwin Nunez’s opener.

Klopp then decided to make a double change with Salah and Ryan Gravenberch coming off for Harvey Elliott and Andy Robertson.

The Reds went back in front with 13 minutes to go, with Alexis Mac Allister producing a stunning effort from 25 yards, before Gakpo made the points safe late on.

Speaking after the game, Klopp told TNT Sports: “It’s tricky, we had such a low block [from Sheffield United] but you have to do better.

“I’m really pleased for Cody [Gakpo] who came on and was incredibly good on the ball, scored a wonderful goal. Robbo [Andy Robertson] good, Harvey [Elliott] good, Curtis [Jones] good.

“They were really helpful and that’s how it is; you have to change games from the bench when needed and so I’m really happy with that.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Lehmann identifies what’ll cost Arsenal title
Forum | 18 hours ago

EPL: Lehmann identifies what’ll cost Arsenal title

EPL: Timber to make Arsenal’s squad for Bournemouth clash
Forum | 18 hours ago

EPL: Timber to make Arsenal’s squad for Bournemouth clash

EPL: Why I snubbed Man City for Arsenal – Declan Rice
Forum | 21 hours ago

EPL: Why I snubbed Man City for Arsenal – Declan Rice