Peter Obi Reacts As Fire Guts Abure’s Residence In Abuja

Forum 3 weeks ago

Peter Obi Reacts As Fire Guts Abure’s Residence In Abuja

Peter Obi, the 2023 presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), has reacted to the fire outbreak at the residence of Julis Abure, the party’s National Chairman.

Recall that Abure’s residence in Abuja was gutted by fire on Wednesday, with the party leadership claiming that it was an assassination attempt.

According to the party’s spokesman, Obiora Ifoh, the mysterious fire started a few minutes after 1 am while Abure and the members of his family were asleep.

Reacting in a statement via his official X handle on Thursday, Obi said he sincerely sympathised with Abure and his family, who must be traumatized by the sad incident.

He, therefore, called on party members and Nigerians to wait for the outcome of the investigation from the Police and the fire service on the cause of the fire incident.

He wrote: “I received with shock the report of a fire outbreak in the Abuja home of the National Chairman of the Labour Party, Barr Julius Abure. I sincerely sympathize with Barr Abure and his family, who must be traumatized by now by this sad incident, while thanking God for their lives.

“While we await the outcome of the investigation from the Police and the fire service on the cause of the fire incident, I thank all those whose timely intervention helped to minimize the damages. “

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Ghanaian Media Personality, Serwaa Amihere Reacts To Her Leaked S3x Tape
Forum | 3 days ago

Ghanaian Media Personality, Serwaa Amihere Reacts To Her Leaked S3x Tape

Abuja Panel Beater Sentenced To 3 months Imprisonment Over Theft Of Customer’s Car
Forum | 4 days ago

Abuja Panel Beater Sentenced To 3 months Imprisonment Over Theft Of Customer’s Car

Another Victim Of Abuja School Bullying Surfaces, Seeks Redress
Forum | 4 days ago

Another Victim Of Abuja School Bullying Surfaces, Seeks Redress

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd