Abia Govt Vows Justice As Protest Rocks Umuahia Over Navy Cadet’s Death In Swimming Pool

Forum 1 week ago

Abia Govt Vows Justice As Protest Rocks Umuahia Over Navy Cadet’s Death In Swimming Pool

The Abia State government has pledged to conduct an investigation into the death of Emmanuel Onyeomereneche, an Abia-born Cadet Officer, who was discovered dead in the swimming pool of Hotel Royal Damgrate last week.

Addressing the people of Okwuta-Ibeku, Umuahia North LGA who came to protest the death of their son, the Special Adviser to the Abia State Governor on Security Matters, Navy Commander Macdonald Uba (Rted), said investigations would be thoroughly carried out to unravel the cause of the officer’s death.

Uba warned that anyone found culpable in the Cadet officer’s death would surely be brought to book.

He described the incident as unfortunate, saying he would bring the matter to the Governor while sympathizing with the immediate family and entire people of Okwuta-Ibeku over the death.

The Special Adviser commended the protesters for not taking laws into their hands. He urged them to remain law-abiding, assuring that the outcome of the investigation would be made known to them.

“This incident has caused other ripple effects thereafter. We will thoroughly investigate the matter and at the end of the day justice will be served. I know how you feel. I was once a cadet, and I know how it would have been for my village if something like this happened”,
said Uba

In their speeches earlier, the Public Relations Officer of Okwuta-Isieke Autonomous Community, Mr Chibuzor Onwukamuche, the head of the family, Prince James Onyeomereneche and the woman leader, Mrs Happiness Ebere said they came to register their grievances to the Governor over the death of their son, who would have been commissioned by July this year.

According to them, Mr Emmanuel Onyeomereneche with his training as an upcoming naval officer could not have drowned in an ordinary swimming pool and accused his friend, one Valentine Okpechi and the hotel management of alleged complacency.

The protesters who poured palm fronds in front of Damgrete hotel, later marched through Ikot Ekpene road, BCA road before storming the Abia State House of Assembly.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest
Forum | 3 days ago

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 3 days ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

Tacha Lambasts Nigerians For Seeking Justice For Bullied Schoolgirl
Forum | 4 days ago

Tacha Lambasts Nigerians For Seeking Justice For Bullied Schoolgirl

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos
Forum | 4 days ago

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos