Superman Cast Finds Pa Kent DCU Actor

Forum 1 week ago

Superman Cast Finds Pa Kent DCU Actor

James Gunn’s upcoming Superman movie has officially found its Pa Kent.

According to a recent report from TheWrap, Pruitt Taylor Vince has joined the cast of the upcoming DC Universe to play the role of Jonathan Kent, aka Pa Kent, the adopted father of Superman after he finds the Kryptonian baby after Superman’s ship lands in Kansas.

Vince has had a long acting career, perhaps best known for his roles in Mississippi Burning, Jacob’s Ladder, JFK, and more. The actor will join a vast that features a star-studded ensemble.

The titular role in Superman is being played by David Corenswet (Pearl, The Politician), while Lois Lane will be played by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel star Rachel Brosnahan. They’re joined by Nicholas Hoult, Skyler Gisondo, María Gabriela De Faría, Sara Sampaio, Isabela Merced, Nathan Fillion, Edi Gathegi, Anthony Carrigan, and more. The film is set to release on July 11, 2025.

What is Superman about?

“Superman tells the story of Superman’s journey to reconcile his Kryptonian heritage with his human upbringing as Clark Kent of Smallville, Kansas,” reads the movie’s official synopsis. “He is the embodiment of truth, justice and the American way, guided by human kindness in a world that sees kindness as old-fashioned.”

The DC Universe’s first phase, called Chapter One: Gods and Monsters, will feature a multitude of different movies and television shows. A few of the announced projects include a Batman and Robin-focused movie called The Brave and the Bold, a Supergirl movie titled Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow, a Swamp Thing film, and multiple TV shows.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tron: Ares Cast Adds Jeff Bridges to Reprise Kevin Flynn
Forum | 15 hours ago

Tron: Ares Cast Adds Jeff Bridges to Reprise Kevin Flynn

Karen Gillan and Zoë Chao Cast in New Comedy From Black Adam Writer, Let’s Have Kids!
Forum | 23 hours ago

Karen Gillan and Zoë Chao Cast in New Comedy From Black Adam Writer, Let’s Have Kids!

Mufasa Cast Adds Mads Mikkelsen, Blue Ivy Carter, and More to Lion King Prequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Mufasa Cast Adds Mads Mikkelsen, Blue Ivy Carter, and More to Lion King Prequel

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife
Forum | 1 day ago

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife