UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

Forum 1 week ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

Barcelona midfielder, Ilkay Gündogan, has said Ronald Araujo’s error cost them in the Champions League quarter-final tie against Paris Saint-Germain.

Gundogan claims they gave the game away “in the most simple manner.”

Barça led 3-2 from the first leg in Paris and Raphinha put them ahead in the 12th minute lead at the Olympic Stadium.

However, after half an hour Araújo was sent off for a last-man challenge on Bradley Barcola.

PSG came back to win 4-1 on the night, advancing 6-4 on aggregate to set up a semi-final against Borussia Dortmund.

“If he fouled him, I guess it’s a red card. I haven’t seen the replay. It’s difficult to say, in these crucial moments, you need to be sure to get the ball.

“If you don’t get it, and I don’t know if he did, you have to stay away.

“I prefer to concede a goal there or to leave the striker one on one, even though he played the ball quite far ahead, so I don’t know if he would reach the ball. But let the goalkeeper have a chance to save us or even concede a goal.

“To get a red card, to go a player down so early, it just kills the game,” Gundogan told CBS.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: It’s going to happen – Tuchel reveals Bayern Munich player that’ll score against Real Madrid
Forum | 8 hours ago

UCL: It’s going to happen – Tuchel reveals Bayern Munich player that’ll score against Real Madrid

Edo Police Arrest Cultists Who Allegedly Killed Man In Daughter’s Presence
Forum | 1 day ago

Edo Police Arrest Cultists Who Allegedly Killed Man In Daughter’s Presence

How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa
Forum | 4 days ago

How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton