Zendaya’s Challengers Kissing Scenes Attract ‘Abnormal’ Attention

Forum 1 week ago 1

Zendaya’s Challengers Kissing Scenes Attract ‘Abnormal’ Attention

Zendaya’s Challengers kissing scenes continue to be a much-discussed topic among fans of the star. Despite a delay in the film’s release, the conversation about her viral kissing moment in Challengers hasn’t died down, and the actress wonders why it’s getting so much attention.

Zendaya’s kissing scenes in Challengers draw an ‘odd’ level of focus

While promoting Challengers, Zendaya and her co-stars Josh O’Connor and Mike Faist appeared on Jake’s Takes. When the host spoke about the “abnormal” amount of attention that Zendaya’s kissing scenes in Challengers have generated, the actress admitted that she didn’t know why those scenes have drawn so much attention.

I have no idea. I don’t know if it’s because they want it to be, like, a viral thing, I don’t know. But I have noticed that, with me specifically. I feel like other actors don’t… if it was somebody else here, you probably wouldn’t [have] asked that question.

Agreeing with comments by the host about the odd level of focus that the kissing scenes have received, the Euphoria star said further:

But yeah, it is a part of my job, and it is a completely normal part of the job despite, I think, maybe other people’s perception of our job. But yeah, it is odd.

The full interview with Challengers stars Josh O’Connor, Zendaya, and Mike Faist can be seen below:

Challengers will hit theaters on April 26, 2024. The film currently boasts great reviews with a 96% Fresh Rotten Tomatoes score. As per Deadline, the movie is also expected to open with $15 million on its first domestic weekend. This would likely result in it taking the top spot at the box office.

With Zendaya’s kissing scenes still generating buzz, a larger turnout than expected could help the film exceed the box office predictions for its opening weekend.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Box Office Results: Challengers Rises to the Occassion
Forum | 5 days ago

Box Office Results: Challengers Rises to the Occassion

Challengers Final Trailer Shows Zendaya’s Love Triangle in Romantic Sports Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Challengers Final Trailer Shows Zendaya’s Love Triangle in Romantic Sports Movie

Zendaya on Status of Euphoria Season 3: ‘It’s Beyond Me’
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Zendaya on Status of Euphoria Season 3: ‘It’s Beyond Me’

Challengers Clip Shows Zendaya Slapping Josh O’Connor
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Challengers Clip Shows Zendaya Slapping Josh O’Connor