Singer Tope Alabi In Pains As Fraudster Extort Money In Her Name On Instagram

Forum 5 years ago

Singer Tope Alabi In Pains As Fraudster Extort Money In Her Name On Instagram

Gospel star Tope Alabi’s good name has been stained by a fraudster who used a fake Instagram account to collect huge amount of money from her fans.

In a chat with Saturday Beat, the ace singer said the embarrassment incident has caused her a lot of pain.

She said:

“The pain that these fraudsters have caused me by using my name to extort money from people is too much.

“People have been paying money into an account they provided, thinking that I am the one they are relating with. This is so disheartening because even if I need money, I run to God.

“I am not suspecting anybody at the moment. I got to know about this when people called me to say that they had paid money into a particular account following a request from me.

“Since I discovered this, the person has shut down the account. It is really so painful.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Son Arrested For Faking His Own Kidnap To Extort Money From Father In Jigawa
Forum | 15 hours ago

Son Arrested For Faking His Own Kidnap To Extort Money From Father In Jigawa

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani
Forum | 1 day ago

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself
Forum | 3 days ago

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim
Forum | 3 days ago

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim