Thiago Does Not Fit Into Jurgen Klopp’s System – Ziege

Forum 3 years ago

Thiago Does Not Fit Into Jurgen Klopp’s System – Ziege

Thiago Alcantara has been warned that he may not fit “the Premier League and the Jurgen Klopp style of playing”, with Christian Ziege suggesting an extended stay at Bayern Munich should be favoured over a switch to Liverpool.

A move to Anfield for the Spain international continues to be mooted ahead of the next transfer window.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/50498cc0cc828e344968902cb3647f65.jpg

Bayern have been unable to tie Thiago down to fresh terms, with his current contract due to expire in the summer of 2021.

That has the Bundesliga champions reluctantly accepting that sales may have to be sanctioned, with David Alaba – who has been linked with Manchester City and Chelsea – another to have slipped into that category.

Ziege can appreciate why Liverpool would have their eyes on Thiago, as the Premier League title winners seek to bring more graft and guile into their midfield.

The former Reds star is, however, not convinced that accepting a new challenge on Merseyside would be the best career call for the talented 29-year-old.

“I have to say I love this player,” Ziege told CaughtOffside.

“He is a fantastic player but I’m not sure he fits into the Premier League and the Klopp style of playing.

“I think where he is, Bayern Munich, is a good place for him. Or maybe a Spanish team.

“I’m not 100% sure [about him joining Liverpool], although he is a fantastic player so he will handle it somehow.

“I’m just not 100% sure it’s right for him.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 22 hours ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat

EPL: Why we failed to beat Man Utd – Klopp speaks on 2-2 draw
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: Why we failed to beat Man Utd – Klopp speaks on 2-2 draw

EPL: Klopp singles out four Liverpool players after 3-1 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: Klopp singles out four Liverpool players after 3-1 win over Sheffield Utd