Lionel Messi Is Not Enough For Barcelona – Eto’o

Forum 3 years ago

Lionel Messi Is Not Enough For Barcelona – Eto’o

Former Barcelona striker Samuel Eto’o has urged Barcelona to look for more players who can blend with the club’s playing philosophy so that they will be less dependent on Lionel Messi.

Messi was hoping to leave Camp Nou recently, but such a move proved complicated due to technicalities on his Barcelona agreement regarding his exit at the end of the 2019-20 season.

These circumstances led to Messi admitting to Goal, that he was committed to staying in the Catalan capital, which pleased Eto’o who played for Barcelona between 2004 and 2009, scoring 130 goals and winning eight titles there.

“I am happy because my son Messi has stayed at his house, but at Barca, we need other players with Blaugrana DNA. Messi alone is not enough,” Eto’o said at a La Liga event as reported by TuttoMercato.

“You need to look for players on the market with tiki-taka style and not box to box.”

The 2020-21 La Liga season kicks off on Friday but Barcelona, under the watch of new boss Ronald Koeman, will tackle Villarreal on September 27. Eto’o wants to see the Blaugrana win the title this time having lost it last season to Real Madrid by five points.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story
Forum | 2 weeks ago

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story